Wednesday 13 June 2012

MM x The Glam Collective

Applying make up with a bambino is almost an impossible task ... Having a wee alone is a mission. My usual on the bus, tube, holding the baby jobby is just not what I signed up for when I handed over hundreds of pounds to the kind ladies that convince me I need everything in MAC.

So when Jenny from Mothers Meeting invited me to the Glam Collective Cook Along workshop, I leaped at the chance to try and learn a few extra hints tips and buy those valuable minutes in order to turn me from drab to fab hot Moma.

The cook along was, well just that ... You make yourself up with lovely MAC products (pre matched to your skin tone) as your shown exactly how to do it ... Ingredients, utensils, techniques - finished piece.

So what we were shown may take a few more minutes and probably a little more application of product than I'd usually use which is great for nights out/non baby getting ready days/dates, but for the time conscious she also shared some amazing tips, such as - foundation is attracted to skin, so if you don't 'seal' it with a powder every time you touch your face your just simply applying it it back on to your fingers. Equalling one shabby looking face post 11AM heading rubbing baby stress. (this is also why you use a brush to apply - see images)

We did eyes to, but apart from totally being against eyeshadow (it makes me look like a tranny), it was nearly feeding time at the zoo and bambinos were running a mock (mainly the P girl)

Some handy tips I picked up:

- use a primer (can't remember why but I've started and I think it works)
- always use a foundation brush and not the flat ones that they all recommend. Buy a round one an make small circular motions to ensure its fully soaked in by the skin and flawless.
- apply concealer AFTER foundation. You'll be surprised how little you actually need.
- match concealer to your foundation.
- touché la clat is not a concealer, merely a technologicalised super power of light reflecting camera ready skin maximiser. i think you should still have it to go on top of your concealer maybe (?)
- you have blue purple bags or yellowy green bags ... This determines your colour match.
- always use a powder to seal your foundation
- Use a bronzer and apply in the shape of a 3 - forehead down and around across your check bone, check bone round to your chin - make sense? Think about the bits that the sun would naturally bronze.
- apply cream blusher with your fingers rubbing index middle and ring finger in the cream, rub against opposite hand fingers to warm cream and work the colour up to your desired effect.

A big big thanks to both glam ladies and the wonderful jenny for organising such a great event. I've learnt alot and I'm sure there is heaps more that will resurface fro my baby brain any time soon.  XX

lets get cooking
my brush collection - destroy the flatty (?) 
the cooking show
my choice of cream
my matched colour (this means i need new)
the 3 technique

No comments:

Post a Comment