Friday 29 June 2012

Friday Five Miles

So, yeah I have signed up for the BUPA Great North run September 18. You kind sods can sponsor me here.

Running with a pushchair is like doing a double lap, honest, it kills your back and shoulders, you have no freedom what so ever and for those poor buggers still breast feeding *GORK*. Saying all this I've just started on my weekly training plan (the big 12 week lead up to the event) and it seems to be getting a lot easier.

Today I went twice round Victoria Park, with the super mummy running, Lucy. Having had two children, her youngest nine months, she has totes just signed up to her second marathon of the year ... Madness, I hear you cry, my thoughts exactly, but if on my way to running the half, my legs get even close to hers ... well I will be walking around pantless for the foreseeable future.

Mama Lush, Vidia and Half a Plate, Natalie also joined in the gossip gauntlet that its Mother Meeting #runawayfromitall. They also kindly looked after the P girl whilst I whimfully ran my second lap, thanks ladies. 
So I will no doubt be keeping you up to date with ones progress but for now, if you've ever considered giving it a go ... DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment